Whale watching Mirissa is one of the most exciting water activities you can do in Sri Lanka during your holiday. Mirissa is the best place to start your whale and dolphin watching tour in Sri Lanka.
In warm Indian ocean you can see Blue whales, Bryde´s whales, Sperm whales, Fin whales, sometimes Killer whales, and Common dolphins, Bottlenose dolphins, Spinner dolphins, Risso’s dolphins and Striped dolphins. Sometimes you can see turtles and various fish species, for example Bluefin tuna and flying fish.
Eco friendly whale watching Mirissa
We follow international whale watching rules and protect whales during the whale watching:
- We don´t go too close to the whales (good distance for taking pictures, safe distance for whales)
- We don´t cross whale´s course
- We reduce the boat speed to minimize the noise when we approach the whales
- We stop the engines if whales and dolphins come close to our boat
- Our passengers are not allowed to go under the water to take picture of whales, swim with them and touch them
- We don´t throw out any garbage into the ocean